Dr MG Du Preez
MB.Ch.B, M.Med (Orth)
Practice Number: 0266671
I qualified as an Orthopaedic Surgeon from Pretoria University in 2007 and moved down to the South Coast to begin practicing at the Port Shepstone Hospital.
In June 2008 I purchased an existing Orthopaedic practice. I have a number of theatre slates a week to perform various procedures that include Spines, Hips and Knees. I share the on-call roster with other Orthopaedic Surgeons.
I am currently the only Orthopaedic Surgeon on the South Coast performing Spinal surgery and the only Orthopaedic Surgeon in the area that operates using the minimally invasive procedure for hip replacements via the anterior approach.
Spine, Neck and Back
- Balloon Kyphoplasty and Vertebroplasty
- Cervical (anterior) Disc replacement
- Cervical (anterior) Discectomy and Fusions
- Lumbar (anterior) Disc replacements
- Lumbar (anterior) Discectomies and Fusions
- Lumbar (posterior) Decompression, Fusion and Interbody cages
- Removal of Spinal Instrumentation
- Vertebral Corpectomy and Fusion
Arthoplasty – Joint Replacements
- Hips: Total, Revision and Partial replacements
- Knees: Total, Revision and Partial replacements (Manual or Computer Assisted)
- Shoulders: Total/Partial Replacements
I have a special interest in operating on children with Club Feet, Bow Knees and general inborn abnormal limbs.
Open reduction/closed reduction of all fractures with internal or external fixation using plates and screws, IM nails, k-wires, simple plaster of paris and Taylor Spatial frames (ring fixator), including fractures of the pelvis/acetabulum, femur and supracondylar/shaft of humerus, elbow, wrist, hands, patella, tibia, fibula, ankle and feet. Traumatic amputations of fingers and limbs and tendon repairs.
I manage all trauma related Neck or Spine injuries as well as spinal cord injuries medically and surgically.
- Lower Limbs
It is my honour, privilege and pleasure to provide excellent care to you, my patients, when you need it most.
I am dedicated to getting you back to the activities you enjoy!