Dr F Khan
Dr F Khan studied at Stellenbosch University, where he qualified in 2003. His post graduate clinical experience in Western Cape included:
- Neonatal ICU – 3 months
- Paediatric ICU – 3 months
- General Paediatrics – 3 months
These rotations were completed at Somerset Hospital, a teaching hospital which falls under the Groote Schuur and UCT academic complex.
- General Surgery (Paarl Regional Hospital)
- Casualty/Trauma (Paarl Regional Hospital)
Paarl Regional Hospital is a teaching hospital which falls under the Tygerberg/Stellenbosch University complex.
Dr Khan then relocated to KZN where he worked at St Andrews Hospital as a Medical Officer until 2006. St Andrews Hospital is a busy rural hospital where young doctors work under minimal supervision.
Dr Khan established a private GP practice in Port Shepstone 2006.
- While in private practice, he did calls at Casualty at Hibiscus Hospital from 2006 to 2010.
- He also admitted and managed in-patients.
- He assisted a General Surgeon on a full-time basis and assisted two experienced Obstetrician and Gynaecologists when needed.
He left the private practice in 2015 in order to gain further experience in an academic setting – Port Shepstone Regional Hospital. He worked as a Grade 3 MO and was personally involved in the teaching of junior medical officers and medical interns.
He completed rotations in:
- Internal Medicine
- Orthopaedics and Traumatology
- Anaesthetics and peri-operative medicine
- Critical Care ICU
After graduation, Dr Khan remained devoted to continuing medical education and professional development. He has attained the following postgraduate qualifications:
- Sub-aquatic and hyperbaric medicine, which includes diving emergencies.
- AO trauma course
- Neonatal resuscitation training
- Abdominal Ultrasound
- Basic Obstetric Ultrasound
- Advanced Diabetic Management
- Male sexual health – by Mens Clinic International
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Basic isiZulu course
- Annual updated in cardiology and obstetrics and gynaecology at UKZN